QUALITY COUNTS PROGRAM
4Cs is committed to raising the quality of early care and education in San Mateo County through the use of a Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS). Quality Counts is the Family Child Care component of the County’s QRIS. This system has been adopted as part of a statewide initiative (Race to the Top – Early Learning Challenge) that includes 16 counties receiving federal funding. The purpose of the Quality Counts Program is to support the participation of family child care providers through comprehensive training and coaching. Numerous studies show that when children receive high quality care and education during their first five years of life, they are more ready for school, they are better readers, and they are more likely to graduate from high school. These are realities that concern every child, every family, and every member of our community. Join Us to Improve the Quality of Early Learning Programs in San Mateo County!
What is Quality Counts?
- This program is aligned with a nation wide initiative to improve the quality of early learning programs and close the achievement gap for young children with high needs.
- The purpose of the Quality Counts Program is to support the growth of family child care providers along the Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) matrix through training and coaching.
What are the benefits?
- Selected participants will receive an assessment through use of two nationally recognized tools, Family Child Care Environmental Rating Scale (FCCERS-R) and the Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS) to identify areas of strength and potential growth.
- A grant based on the areas completed on the quality improvement plan developed by the participant and Quality Counts coaching partner.
- Participation will also serve as a powerful tool for family child care providers to market their business and build a reputation for quality.
Who is eligible?
Any family child care provider licensed for two or more years in good licensing standing (see definition of “In Good Standing, on page 2 of the application) serving children from birth to age five in San Mateo County are eligible to participate free of charge. See program application for more information.Click Quality Counts FY16-17 Application to fill out the program application.
Individual Program Orientations can be discussed with Amalia Forcari. For more information or to participate please contact her at 650.517.1421 or email@example.com