4Cs seeks prospective board members who understand the value of quality child care and early education, embrace diversity of the children, families, and providers we serve, and are willing to share their skills to further the mission and support the growing needs of 4Cs. The board of directors (BOD) is responsible for the overall organizational governance in a manner that is consistent with non-profit law in California, 4Cs by-laws, and the mission of the organization.
Ideal Board Candidate
- Has an interest and commitment to the mission, goals and objectives of 4Cs.
- Has a desire to generously and graciously support the organization in all its fundraising efforts, based on one’s individual financial capacity and one’s network of community resources.
- Has professional and/or personal skills and expertise and is willing to share these talents to serve and govern the organization.
- Is willing to be responsible for ensuring that appropriate fiscal and financial management policies are in place and are followed.
- Is willing to represent the Agency to the broader community and to speak in support of the mission of 4Cs.
- Can sustain commitment to the organization on a regular basis.
- Will contribute in a positive way with enthusiasm and excitement about the Agency.
- Is willing to attend training sessions and retreats and, in general, commit to being part of this evolving agency.
- Has the desire to remain abreast of public policy developments and participate in advocacy efforts where appropriate (e.g. child care and development issues, newest educational trends, children and family policies, stewardship issues).
Board Member Term & Meeting Obligation
Board members serve three-year terms and may serve up to three consecutive terms. Board members are expected to regularly attend board meetings which are currently scheduled for the first Monday of every month from 5:30-7:30 PM at 4Cs’ headquarters in Redwood Shores.
How to Apply
To be considered as a prospective Board member, please submit a completed application [PDF]. Acceptance as a new member of 4Cs BOD is contingent upon current board size and needs, successful completion of an in-person interview conducted by the existing BOD and the receipt of a majority vote of acceptance by existing Board members.
Board of Directors
- Judy Garb, Chair
- Carla Schoof, Vice Chair
- Judith Jones
- Dena House
- Carol Sanders
- Abhay Tewari
- Mike Schlossberg